Acne is a problem that no one wants and wishes it would go away. If you suffer from acne, you know exactly what I am talking about. Acne is the red pimples that are seen on your face and it affects all ages. Dealing with acne can be a challenge, but it does not have to be. The first thing that you should not do is squeeze the pimples! We are all guilty of doing it, but what really happens when we do? If you squeeze them, bacteria and puss can go deeper in your skin and it can create scarring by infecting and inflaming that area of the skin. You don’t always have to use medicated products to get rid of acne or even control it. Here are some natural ingredients that you can use to fight against acne:
- Apple Cider Vinegar- I use apple cider vinegar for almost everything like a sore throat or weight loss, but apple cider vinegar has many more benefits than just that. This is the one thing you should keep on hand and stocked in your cupboard. Many people use apple cider vinegar on a daily basis and as part of their daily beauty regiment. It is less expensive than any other product out there and it’s 100% organic and natural. Since apple cider vinegar is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, it kills the bacteria that clog the skin pores which causes acne. It is also anti-inflammatory. Anti-inflammatory can help dramatically reduce the pain and redness that’s associated with acne.
- Try not to touch your face- I know sometimes when I touch my face, I don’t even realize it. For most of us, we stay out of the house more than we stay in. Can you imagine what we touch on a daily basis and then forget about it? Breakouts and spreading acne that already exists on your face occurs when there is face-touching. Face touching not only happen with just your hands, it happens when you are talking on the phone or just sleeping on your pillow at night. Using a protective cover for your phone and washing your pillowcases often, can easily get rid of bacteria that can transfer to your face. Know any have kids that play sports? Think about football helmets that crash into each other and transfer’s sweat to the other player? It can only get better when you constantly wash your hands with natural soaps or foam. Doctors recommend washing your hands in warm water for at least 20 seconds. If you can’t remember if you touched your face without your hands being clean, 45 seconds would be better option!
- Change your eating lifestyle and drink plenty of water- What you put in the inside of your body is very important because it shows on the outside of your body. Drinking plenty of water will leave your skin glowing and feeling nourished. Water detoxifies the body and rids you of impurities and toxins that live in the foods we eat. Eating more fruits and vegetables instead of junk food can cut calories and eliminate getting acne altogether. Changing your eating lifestyle can be hard, but there are many benefits that come from changing it such as feeling energized or having less health problems. The word “diet” is a restricting word that is always known to have short term success. Changing your eating lifestyle signifies a growth and exemplifies longevity with lasting benefits.
- Exfoliate by using a sugar scrub once or twice a week- A natural scrub that does not include harsh chemicals such as fragrances and parabens are a great way to fight acne. Sugar scrubs soften the skin and helps prevent acne from occurring by removing dead skin cells from the top layer. The after effect of a scrub leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturized. A great scrub regenerates and revitalizes the skin and sends it to its natural state. An added bonus is the lingering aroma of natural and fresh ingredients that is incorporated with natural scrubs that smells so good, it’s almost good enough to eat!
- Green Tea- Green tea is made from unfermented leaves and is produced in Japan and China. In just a short amount of time, green tea can get rid of acne. It’s loaded with antioxidants, it can remove blemishes, and it’s anti-bacterial. You can use green tea to treat acne in numerous ways including drinking it, using it as a oil by brewing it in a tea pot, or using it as a main ingredient in a sugar scrub. There are a variety of green teas out there, but using anything organic is a better option because you know what you are getting.
These are just some of the ways that can help fight or eliminate acne. There are always better solutions then applying toxins and chemicals to one of the most sensitive areas on our bodies. We have to always protect our skin against inflammations and infections that can be stored and absorb through it. The best defense against acne is not just using natural ingredients. The best defense against acne is the knowledge and power we have in making lifestyle choices that can ultimately affect our families, our future and the environment.